Wednesday, October 19, 2011

New card technique from Splitcoast Stampers - I had to try it!

Hi friends,
Beate over at Splitcoast Stampers posted a tutorial today on a new card technique called "side spring card".  It was so cute I had to try it.  The folds are a little challenging - probably just for me because it is 10:00 at night and I should be sleeping :)  But it is easy peasy to do and took me about 1/2 hour including watching the tutorial. By the way, if you have not heard of Splitcoast Stampers or have not watched any of the tutorials on You Tube, you are missing out!  They have tutorials for just about everything you can imagine and they are really great and easy to understand - good for me as I am a visual learner and then I have to do it to learn it :)  So here is my card
What do you think?  I love it!  The image and the sentiment are from Our Daily Bread Designs "Blessed Christmas" set - that is the only set of theirs I own, but hoping to remedy that soon.  The pearls are from my stash.  I am going to enter this little card into the following challenges:

Our Daily Bread Designs - Holiday with a Twist

Ok, well that is about it.  Time for me to catch some Zs!  Hugs!

God Bless,
Becky

22 comments:

  1. an absolutely gorgeous creation thank you for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx
    ps I have some new candy if you are interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful!! I love your use of kraft. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Becky, love this technique and I will have to try this technique:) Wonderful of you to share:) Have a fantastic weekend!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did an amazing job with this technique. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card!
    Thanks for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job, this is gorgeous :)
    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the unique fold and design. lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card design. Thanks for joining the Sentimental Sundays Fancy Folds Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Becky! Gorgeous card!!! I love how clean it is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful job on this technique, Becky! Thanks for visiting us at the May Arts blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely card, Becky! It's great to get new ideas from each other! So glad you found Layers of Color! Thanks for hopping with us today! Wishing you the BEST in the drawings and hop to see more of you in the near future!

    Happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW, Becky, beautiful card!! I have never made ne of these side spring cards...gotta give them a try! ;D Thanks so much for taking the time to play along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD!! You've said this is your one and only ODBD stamp set, well, you never know, there is afterall a chance of winning a $20 gift certificate, so you'll never know how will be picked by Random.org! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty !!! Great job
    Hugs,
    Raven

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Becky! Love your wonderful card! It's crazy to think that Christmas is right around the corner ;D

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

    Hugz, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card - love your beautiful, red poinsettia. This fold looks fantastic.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Becky!
    Thank you for leaving such a sweet comment for me and following my blog during Kimberli's hop last Thursday! I'm so happy you are following and now I'm a new follower for you as well!

    Okay, this technique for the card is amazing! I really love the way it turned out, you did such a wonderful job! I'm looking forward to blogging with you!

    Susan
    cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Becky, this is beautiful!! The colors that you chose, even thought they are your "basics", just go together so well. I usually spend 30 minutes looking for funky colors, and in the end, after I throw away my "funky " colors I pick just the ones that I like, which are the "basics" and they are beautiful!! I love the stamp too! By the way, I am waiting to see your pumpkin when it is done, I hope you post it!! Karen♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is beautiful Becky! I amy have to try this style card...very unique! Thanks for stopping by my blog during the Birthday Party Blog Hop for Rhonda and Amy..appreciate it! Hope you were inspired by all the projects!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Becky, thank you for visiting today and your very SWEET lovely comment!! FYI: You inspired me to make a card with this fold/this post so thank you I will post sometime next week:)
    Big Hug
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful job Beacky!
    I liked trying this fold and the options for embellishing this is endless! I love how you used the stamps....clean and simple and very eye catching!
    TFS

    ReplyDelete