Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hi friends,
Just wanted to wish all my friends from the US a Happy Thanksgiving today.  The day is half over, but I have been working and just got a chance to write.  I am so thankful for all of my blessings.  We often forget how many blessings we have in the day to day bustle of life.  So today, I want to remind you to stop and think of all the blessings you have.  I am thankful for my family, that we are mostly healthy and happy.   I am thankful that my hubby and I both have jobs and we have a roof over our head and food to eat.  I am thankful for my husband, Greg, and our 3 children, Louis, Layna and Kira, whom I love more than life itself.   I am thankful for my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, who saved me and loves me unconditionally.

And, I am thankful that I don't have to cook today LOL.  We are going to my in-laws home today for dinner.  I only had to bake pies, 2 pumpkin and 1 apple for today's dinner.  Each year we spend Thanksgiving at my in-laws.  We celebrate with my family on the Sunday before with about 25+ in our immediate family with my 6 brothers and sisters and their families.  At my in-laws, there is only our 5, my BIL and my SIL (neither married), my MIL, my FIL, and my  hubby's 101 year old grandmother.  Big difference in the size of the get together but not in the amount of love and blessings we share.

I am thankful for my hubby's family and their love for me and our family.  They do so much for us and I don't think we really give them the thanks they deserve.  Of course, sometimes we don't realize the blessings we have unless they are taken from us.

So, today let us remember and be thankful for our blessings.  Have a blessed and safe Thanksgiving!

Love and Hugs,
Becky

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Becky! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! And how great that you didn't have to cook! :)

    ReplyDelete