Friday, May 13, 2011

Welcome neighbors

I have 4 new neighbors that have moved on to my street in the last couple of months so decided i better get my butt in gear and make some cards for them.  Here is the first one: 


i wanted to enter this in Gill's Birds in the Gardenchallenge but i think i might be too late with blogger being down and i me not getting around to it until just under the deadline :)

7 comments:

  1. Becky i posted you a comment but blogger went d'oh so i dont know if it saved it or not? anyway your card is great as i love that stamp and need to get it for myself . its not too late for challenge as im just about to go close it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice of you to make cards for your new neighbours. Thanks for dropping by and sharing your thoughts on my BCC questions. I feel so much better knowing I'm not the only paper lover / hoarder !

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is BEAUTIFUL!! I love those birdhouses, and what a perfect touch with the ribbon!! :)

    Thanks for stopping by this weekend for the Hero Hop -- Your sweet comments made my day!! :)

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, we are kindered spirits Becky! I think we are the only ones who do things like this for neighbors anymore?!?! We just moved about 4 years ago to a very remote little town. Its not country really - if you drive just a few minutes we have a Kmart, Joanns and tons of fast food restaurants - but across the road from me is a corn field...LOL - so its the best of both worlds...and the neighbors here are like that - they welcome you to the neighborhood, bake cookies for Christmas and wave when they see you- But our old neighborhood had lost that close-ness...which I think is so needed in neighborhoods...when I grew up, everyone knew everyone and kept an eye out for each other. It doesn't seem like that is the normal any longer.

    Good for you for doing the new neighbor cards...I am sure they will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. really cute card I am sure your new neighbours will love it.

    Jayne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everybody for your sweet comments. I hate to tell you this Gill but that stamp is at least 10 years old, from SU, don't know if they still have it. And I found out one of my new neighbors were not actually moving in, they renovated the house and have it back on the market. It looks so beautiful I want to move across the street :)

    ReplyDelete