Saturday, December 17, 2011

Glass ball ornaments


Hi friends.  I told you I have been busy crafting.  Next project is the glass ball ornaments that I filled.  I won these glass ornaments from Amanda at Crick'tn Crafts.  I looked at lots of different ways to use these, but I especially loved these paper "scrolls".  I won 6 from Amanda and sent my son to Michaels to get more, but they were out and not ordering any more.  Will keep looking though.
This one I made especially for my in-laws tree.  When I first met my husband and for years afterwards, they had the most unique Christmas tree I had every seen.  They would get a branch from a tree that had fallen or had been cut - a big branch and bring it in and put it in a stand and string it with crystal ornaments.  I hope I have a picture of that somewhere.  They no longer do that as they are getting too old to go look for branches and a regular artificial pine tree is easier for them now.  But they still do the crystal ornaments along with some white and pink ones - all glass or crystal and very fragile :)  So I decided to make this one especially for their tree.  It is probably my favorite of them all.  This ribbon is from May Arts and I won it in a blog hop with Swirlydoos.  






These ornaments are for my neighbors.  I am hoping to make some cookies and candy and package them together in a box.  As you can see, there only 5 here - one has already been given away.  We had some friends stop by last night and I will have to get the other goodies to them later lol.  I especially love this last one too - I love musical notes in my crafting.  

In case you are wondering, I do win quite often in blog hops.  I would almost feel guilty but it is such a help to me in my crafting.  Budget is getting tighter all the time and I would not be able to do half of my crafty endeavors if I didn't win now and then.  I follow a lot of blogs and not for the candy - I really feel close to these people.  I work at home and sometimes it seems I don't get out of the house at all, but I feel like I have lots of friends :)

So, one more post to go and then it may be a while before I post again.  

God Bless,
Becky

5 comments:

  1. these are so pretty! Love all the matching ribbons and pattern paper! You have been busy!!
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly have been crafting! Love your description of the in-laws tree. These are all quite sweet and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty ornaments! I love that paper scroll idea inside the glass balls! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh what a wonderful idea.. i love the ribbons inside the baubles .. i bet they look wonderful hung on the tree
    lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow..very very pretty. I agree with you, love the scrolled paper! The bow adds a nice touch of elegance. A little advice about the clear ornaments, they sell out sooo quick. They usually come out right around Halloween or early November..you need to grab them then. I bought a bunch of them last year and did not use them. I was excited to use them this year..however my DH can NOT find them. I know they are in the attic! I will be crawling up there tomorrow to find them. I am going to for sure make these, I think they will be super fun and easy for the three old to join in too. Big hugs:)

    ReplyDelete