Hi friends! My next project is a "Snow day" album that I made for a Bunko gift. I play Bunko each month with 11 other women, mostly Christian ladies. Each month one of us has a turn to host. I have been playing this since I was 8 months pregnant with my Kira who turned 14 in October and probably have only missed maybe 10 times in all those years. I love it. It is a time that I cherish - most of these ladies I don't see at other times, a couple go to my church, but as I am now working Sundays, I am not making it to church much. Anyway, this month it is Karen's turn to host - we all love it when it is Karen's turn :) We call her the Martha Stewart of the bunch and she always goes the extra mile. Her house is decorated beautifully and she has the table set with holiday dishes and the food is fabulous of course. So we decided we would do a gift exchange this year - $10 limit and we will play one of those games where you don't know which gift you will end up with. I decided to make this album for my gift. Earlier I posted another album for this same purpose, but I like this one better. (I actually just remembered that I had already made one and posted it lol) This is a paper bag matchbook album like the last one, but I like how this one turned out better. This I learned from Kathy Orta from Paper Phenomenon - you can find the link
here. I just realized I did not take a picture with the belly band on. The belly band has a strip of houses on it and another of those fabulous snowflakes. The snowflakes I got from Sue at
Scrapping Suzie QTT. She crocheted them along with the flower in the previous post. I won 10 crocheted snowflakes from her and they are gorgeous! And she sent some flowers too which was a surprise! I never know how these matchbox albums are supposed to go so this is sideways I think :)
This is the front cover of the album. The paper for this album is from DCWV Christmas stack. A close-up view of that gorgeous snowflake.

This is inside the front cover and some of the pages. This has 6 double-sided pages with photo mats inside.
So what do you think? Do you like it better than the other one? It is put together better for sure :) I hope whichever of the ladies gets this, they will like it. Maybe I will take both and let her pick... Hmm, that is a thought.
Don't go away, I am just getting started :)
God Bless,
Becky
Another beautiful album!! I am loving all your crafty goodness! TFS
ReplyDeleteknow idea what Bunko is but it sounds fun.
ReplyDeleteLove this project - cute snowman and i love the snowflake
Lisa x