Saturday, January 8, 2011

Ok, I know this is my 3rd post today, but I am trying to catch up :) I promised I would post some pictures of the bags that I made at Christmas time and I never could figure out how to add them. So today my new friend from WAM Family explained to me how to do it so here they are - better late than never right? So I started out with a Baker's dozen of white bags and another BD of kraft bags 8 x 10 inches. These were to be used for neighbor and friend gifts - homemade jam which I decorated the jar lids with paper and ribbon but did not take pictures. I bought 3 paper pads 12 x 12 inches and created about 10 bags. I also made 3 wine boxes using a pattern from Paper Crafts Cards and More 2010 but forgot to take pictures :(

This was the first bag I made using paper from K&Company - I bought a Specialty Paper Christmas Pad - I just love this paper.  Kind of hard to tell in the picture but it is white with shiny silver pattern.  The top of the bag is red with a white pattern with siliver deer.  I made the little tag with a silver jingle bell at the top and "snowball ribbon" that I bought at Walmart. 

This is a plaque I made getting inspiration for it from the Paper Crafts Cards and More that came out in December 2010.  I again used the red paper with white design and silver deer from K&Company.  I cut the Joy with my Cricut using metallic silver paper - cannot remember the brand - and used a silver ribbon for the bow.  This was actually the first project.  I made the bag above for this as a gift to take to my Bunco gift exchange. 

Along with the plaque, I crocheted this scarf using really soft and fluffy baby yarn - not sure what it was off hand but I thought it was so beautiful and fluffy!  My bunco friend Tammy loved getting it at the gift exchange.

The original bag I made for the plaque and scarf was too small so I made another.  It is pretty much the same as the one on the top, but I added the word Joy as a coordinating gift bag.

This bag was one of my favorites.  The green paper is from Colorbok.  The paper at the top is from Anna Griffin - the Holiday Traditions 12 x 12 paper pad.  It is a gorgeous red and cream with some green that matched the base green and the cream parts were flocked.  I used my Designer Templates from Kiwi Lane Designs to make the cut on that gorgeous paper.  The template is 12 inches long like my paper and as my bag was 8 inches across, I used the extra little pieces for tags.  I added some pretty lace I bought at WalMart.  I wish these pictures were better :)

Well this picture is better at least . This paper is also from the Anna Griffin Holiday Traditions paper pack - would you believe this is one paper front and bag - what a great contrast for my bag! 

Last one I have a picture of - Back to the K&Company paper - both of these are from the same pad - again front and back of one paper.  The main paper has glittery stuff on it so the snowflakes are sparkly.  The saying on the tag is from an old SU stamp set - it says "Snowflakes are falling, winter is calling".  I think the stamp set is called Winter is Calling but not sure.  It is one of my favorites winter stamp sets. 

3 comments:

  1. Lovely projects!!! Thank you SO much for leaving me such a sweet note and for following my blog! I was SO tickled pink by the message you left me! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky, I love your plaque and gift bags! Thanks for always stopping by my blog and leaving such sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful bags and plaques! I'm so jealous that you know how to crochet:) Thanks for leaving such a sweet comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete