Saturday, January 8, 2011
Besides paper crafting, I am an artist wannabe. I have been trying to oil paint for about 10 years now, maybe longer. I have been to lots of workshops with my mentor Doug Braithwaite, but I can't seem to find time or make time in between to practice so not sure I am getting anywhere. One of my resolutions this year is to paint more. I am planning to go on a 10 day "traveling workshop" with Doug and his wife and 10 students around southern Utah painting! I am so excited for that trip. It is in September 2 days before my birthday! So the paintings - The first one is in Spring Glen, UT of the old "Blue Hills Dairy". This is only a small part of the dairy, but I love to paint the buildings here. This painting I did August 2010. The middle painting was done in June 2010 on Boulder Mountain near Torrey, UT. This won 3rd place in the Amateur division for the Helper Arts Festival painting competition in August 2010. Both of these paintings were entered into the competition. The last painting was painted in August, 2009 in Helper near the studio where I stay. I call it "A Slice of Helper" (my friend Bryan suggested that name). It has the trains in front and to the right of the coal car, there is a pinkish building - that is the studio. I love that old rusty water tower too. This picture just depicts Helper to me with the trains, the coal and the art studio. This painting took 1st place in the amateur division for 2009. I am pretty proud of it. I will try to post some other paintings as I get more painting in this year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment