Saturday, June 23, 2012

Summer of Color

The Summer of Color 2012 is in full swing over on Kristin's blog,  As I mentioned below, each week we are creating with an ice cream palette.  I actually got behind as I had no time to craft the first week, but I am caught up now so I am going to post both the first and second week.  First I will post the first week then come back with a second post for the second week as I think we are supposed to link only this weeks creation to each week's link.

So the first week's ice cream flavor was Rainbow Sherbet.  Now I had lots of ideas about what I wanted to do.  I really wanted to paint for each week this year, but right now my paints are buried in my craft room which I still have not finished organizing and I did not want to get too far behind so decided on a paper craft instead.  Then, I thought maybe I would do a mini album, but in the end I decided on tags.  I have been wanting to try some different techniques on tags and try to learn to create some extravagant tags - not like Tim's because I don't own most of those tools he has although some day I would love to try his techniques - but more shabby vintage.  I am planning to buy one of the 7 Gypsies trays with the 4 x 6 sections - 6 sections - one for each of the weeks in the SOC.  My tags are 3-1/2 by 5 inches so they will fit perfectly.  I am also planning to put a favorite quote on each tag.  Some quotes I already know I want to use and some have come to me while I created.

Blah, blah, blah.  Sorry, I said I didn't feel like blogging and now I can't shut up.  So, here is the tag for week 1 of Summer of Color 2012

 So, what do you think?  Did I get all the colors of rainbow sherbet?  This is the first time I have "dressed"a dress form and I will definitely be doing it more!  It was so much fun :)  Lately, I have been a bit stressed.  So I thought this "quote" was perfect for me.  And I did breathe a lot while I was making this and really relaxed and enjoyed myself :)  Be back in a minute with week 2 of SOC!

Hugs,
Becky

3 comments:

  1. You did get the colors! The dress form is perfect and ties in the rainbow sherbet. It's a wonderful tag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty tag!!! Love the dress form!

    ReplyDelete