Tuesday, March 20, 2012

My POSH organizer - picture/chat heavy



Hey friends!  I still have not made anything new to share, but here are the pictures of the POSH organizer that I made using Kathy Orta's tutorial from Paper Phenomenon! Personal Organized Simplified Handbook - that is what POSH stands for and you have got to check it out over on Kathy's blog.  She has it on Ustream I think, or it might be Youtube, can't remember it has been a couple of months since I made it, but I bought the tutorial and then made it along with her.  And I love it!  I made it for a friend who has not decided if she is going to keep it or sell it in her little boutique store in Ephraim (that is a small town in central Utah).  Kathy has the option when you buy her tutorials to either buy a personal copy that you can use for yourself and/or for gifts, or you can buy a commercial copy so you can sell them or a licensed copy which you can then teach it.  I bought the personal, but will be updating to a commercial if I decide to have her sell them.  Anyway, too much rambling - sorry.  

This book plate or whatever it is called is from Kristin - that big box of goodies I finally posted about a couple of days ago.  It says Live With Passion and I thought it was perfect for this little book.  This is a plain elastic closure which I colored with a Sharpie and the paper is from Walmart - Colorbok I think?  All of the papers in this little min were from the same 12 inch pad.  


 



That elastic in the middle is for a pencil or pen, which I forgot to add.  This tutorial comes with the calendar printouts for 4 years starting with 2011.  It also comes with the Things to Do and other papers that you can print out to put in the pockets.  It is hard to tell from this picture but both sides open up from here.


This is the left side from the picture above opened up.

and this is the right side opened up.

some of the other pages in the book.  They all have the calendar on the top and then open up to reveal the long vertical pocket and a small corner pocket and then on the back is another corner pocket.

and the bag has a notebook that is inserted in a slot so when it is empty, you can insert a new one.

So, if I have confused you totally by taken only stills, I am sorry, don't have a video camera at my disposal at the moment.  Just go check this out on Kathy's Ustream and you will see how cool this really is!  A little time consuming, but well worth it and I think now that I have made one, it won't be so hard to do it again.  I always have to actually do the project to learn it, then once I have made all my mistakes with the first one, I can take it from there :)  

Happy first day of spring - what is left of it.  It is evening here in my world and cold today :( but hopefully it will warm up again soon.  Hugs!

God Bless,
Becky


10 comments:

  1. Ok, that is the last time I just click on publish without proofing. I meant, the back cover has a notebook on the inside!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just adorable! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Love this and so much detail :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic, great job!! Love those pretty papers too...think I may even have them,lol.TFS1
    xxAutumn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh this is gorgeous!! LOVE the roses!! I need one of these ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your sweet comments ladies! You should definitely visit Kathy Orta's blog at Paper Phenomenon - she just blows my mind with her creations :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing, Becky! A project filled with love, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous creation just love it
    Hugs Kate xx
    ps thank you for the lovely comment and good luck in the candy draw :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, it's gorgeous! I'd love to make my own.
    thank you for your thoughtful comment. when I started to blog, I was headed toward a different, not so personal path. but I was going with the flow and this is the result for now. :) I just wish I had more free time at the moment so I could update the blog regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi!!! you can't go wrong with a Kathy Orta project!! Love the paper, I used mine on a boutique mini I made a few months back...love it! I just wish it was cardstock instead of paper! but the design is beautiful. I love the way you cut it so you could see the red roses when you unfolded the pages!! great Job!!! Thanks for following my blog, participating and commenting all the time. I look for your comments...they make me smile!
    Thanks!! thanks!!
    and Good luck with the drawing!!!
    xoxoxo
    Elsa

    ReplyDelete