So last night, when I was browsing around trying to get some inspiration for my craft room cleanse, I ran across some fun blogs. The first one I want to tell you about is Sew Many Ways. Karen is from the US like I am and she has a blog all about sewing, which I admit I only dream about sewing, but she has a lot of great tips. At the top of her blog, she has links to all kinds of fun stuff. I think I spent at least an hour just on her blog last night! Some pics of some of her organizing ideas that I thought would be very handy for my craft room:
These suspension rods, I actually have some of these somewhere in my house - they are fairly inexpensive and I bought a bunch for my basement windows one year as I was going to make quickie curtains for all of the windows in the basement - never did it so these rods are here somewhere. I love this idea. I have to confess that I tried putting my ribbon reels on a rod once before, but did not think to secure the ends in some way (I know, that is dumb) so I got them all on there and lifted the rod and sudden 30 reels of ribbon start unrolling - duh! Karen puts little straight pins in the ends of her rolls to keep them wound - love that idea. Definitely will be using this idea!
I love this idea too! She used little take-out containers like the kind you get your fry sauce in - she bought a huge amount from a party supply store; I am thinking Costco might have them. Anyway, I will let you read how she did this - just check out the organization link.
Another interesting idea for ribbons - These are large metal spikes from Home Depot. Karen says they are not sharp, but I am sure I could figure out some way to injure myself. I really loved this idea until I saw the suspension rods - that is the way I will probably go, but I still think this is ingenious!.
And before we leave Karen's blog, lets' take a look at her lovely sewing/craft room. I do not actually see the items above so this is another part of her room. I would love to just spend all day in a room like this.
Check this room out below with its peg board and I love the jars in the cubby holes! I love vintage mason jars anyway and these are so sweet. This pic comes from Nest of Posies.
These 2 fabulous rooms come from HGTV. I quickly left this site as I could get stuck there all day... maybe all month, I would get nothing done! I would so love to have a craft room like either of these - I would never leave. I wouldn't even have to craft in there, it would just be a pleasure to spend time there :)Okay, so I am going to go think about going to bed. I had to work today, first day of my regular work week and I am wiped out. And the weather played a mean April Fool's prank on me today... Yesterday was definitely spring - about 70 degrees, working in my yard, had my windows open - it was beautiful. Today... snow!!! I have been cold all day. Blah!
Night all. God Bless!
Becky





Hi Becky! It's funny you posted this tonight, because I just watched a show on, I think HGTV today about organization-clean-freaks...or something like that. The rooms and closets were like the ones you're showing. I would SO love to have someone come in and HELP me, because I've let things go for tooooo long! I'm workin' on it, though....one room at a time. I'll take pics when I'm finished! That should give me even more reason to do it! :)
ReplyDeleteI am SO sorry you had gorgeous weather and THEN SNOW! That is just not fair! Have a great week!
I only dream about rooms like these! Always wish I could get more organized and be pretty about it at the same time....but my room is just a mess......Thanks for sharing all these great photos and ideas.
ReplyDeleteOrganizing a craft room can be almost as much fun as creating in one! Great ideas!
ReplyDeleteI found you while "hopping" on Aquariann's Spring Blog Hop. :)
You have made me want to run down to my craft room and organize!! I love all the pictures you posted!! What great ideas...thanks for sharing :)
ReplyDeleteLisa
A Mermaid's Crafts
Wow, you have shared some wonderfully creative and very inspiring crafty stuff organization. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteThese are great ideas! I really should try to get more organized :)
ReplyDeleteThank you for such a lovely comment and do you visit to clean other crafting rooms, if so mine needs some serious attention
ReplyDeleteHugs Kate xx
I love all these ideas - especially the the ones with the nails, unfortunately I think I would find a way to injure myself as well! LOL! I am working on my scrapbook room and posted about it today - http://letsembellish.blogspot.com/2012/04/operation-clean-up-part-6.html
ReplyDeletebut it is no where near as polished as these ladies! Its a work in progress!
Rita - did you see my room in the post below - my room is no where near as polished as YOURS :)
Deletewhen you clean you tend to bin a lot of stash that you really do not use, could be a great way of increasing your own stash. I have just bought four stamps off a friend who has just had a spring clean, I think they are gorgeous but she has never inked them, I have already inked one up. So this could be a fabulous incentive for you to clean for others :)
ReplyDeleteHugs Kate xx
Kate - I do so love helping others clean stuff out and finding things I think are treasures and they think are trash :)
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI love all of these organizational ideas!! TFS I'm totally with you, I could spend hours online looking and obsessing on these kinds of photos too!! lol
ReplyDeleteThanks for hopping along today and for the sweet words on my blog. I loved reading them!! lol hugs, Stacy H-W
I want to say thank you for posting a comment on my blog.
ReplyDeleteyour site is wonderful. I love the ribbon idea,I also have blog candy and you can leave a comment there for a prize also, if you like. Good luck. http://kathysdouble-k-krafts.blogspot.com/2012/04/april-blog-candy.html
Hi Becky, I just wanted to thank you for your very kind comments about my kitty. I really appreciate it and I am so sorry you went through the same things. This is such a charming blog I look forward to visiting again soon. xo
ReplyDeleteThanks Malia for your kind comment about my blog. I hope things are going well for you.
Delete