Saturday, June 21, 2014

Summer of Color week 2

Hey Friends,

Well, I missed SOC week 1 as I kind of got run over by a car last Friday and was not really up to doing much but lying in bed :) I'm on the mend though, a little better every day. It was a scary ordeal but could have been much worse. Anyway, here is what I did for SOC week 2.

The color palette was coral and teal with a splash of white. This is a small matchbox. I am right-handed and my right shoulder got pretty badly banged up and contused in the accident and still hurts in some positions so I could not do something as ambitious as I might have. Or maybe I will just do this for each week, a kind of little masterpiece :) Who knows...  Hope you enjoy. Make sure you go visit http://www.twinkletwinklelikeastar.blogspot.com to check out what everybody else has been working on! I have been checking everybody's entries and they are amazing. Unfortunately I can't post on all of them as typing tends to make my shoulder ache. But I promise you won't be disappointed. 

Much love, 
Becky

7 comments:

  1. OMG!!!! I am so glad you are OK banged up but OK. Love what you created.
    Take good care of yourself.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is simply beautiful! I love what you did using this week's SOC colors. Very creative and gorgeous. And I am so happy that you are healing from your accident. That is so scary!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sincerely sorry to read about your accident. It is tragic, but I agree, it could have been much worse. Your little matchbox is simply adorable. With one bad arm, I can only IMAGINE what you would have made otherwise. This is simply a stunning entry that shows your artistic skills and your ability to think outside the box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope your feeling better!
    I love the flowers and butterfly!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, I hope you get to feeling better soon! I love your piece, its so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I missed this one, it's gorgeous! Sorry to hear about your accident, very scary! Keep safe and well!

    ReplyDelete